Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

Thursday, January 1, 2009

A voice in the wilderness... I think not

When I started my blogging experience in March 2005, I had no real objective or plan other than to have a space to air my views... more for my own benefit. Just being able to organize my thoughts and see what I claim to believe in print, in a way bringing them to life... and having the ability to meditate on those beliefs and views became the primary goal. I never imagined that I would be conversing, exchanging ideas and and having constructive debates with others from around the world.

The primary area of interest of my blogging was socio-political from an afrocentric cultural perspective. I had my own blog page: "The Second Book of Asabagna" and was also a part of a collective: "AfroSpear: A Think Tank for People of African Descent" where I wrote articles and engaged in discussions with others. The overall experience so far has been positive and life-changing. I learned alot about myself and others. I met some sincere, intelligent and dedicated people. I learned a lot from them and they made me a better person. I also met some "haters"... those who worked to undermine our vision and best intentions... and sow dissention. I learned alot from them also and they also made me a better person. I learned that for some it is easier to stereotype, demonize and polarize... in this way they become the center of attention... but most of the people that I engaged with were sincere seekers of knowledge, who wanted to be a positive influence, who sought to break down the walls that kept us apart, who wanted to work together to find solutions and strategies to overcome the grinds of this life. With all that being said, the most important benefit I received from my blogging experience is that I made a few good friends. People I have never met face to face, probably never will, but we are close nonetheless.

I now want to embark on a new blogging experience. "New" in the sense that I want to write primarily from a spiritual/religious perspective. I want to move from a afrocentric socio-political focus to a christian socio-religious focus. I am not sure where this journey will lead... what it will entail. I only know that I want to explore and better understand my faith and beliefs... to develop and clarify my views of the world from this perspective. This is not a journey or exercise that I hope to take alone. I will take it with God and more importantly, I hope to take it also with you. This blog is one forum in which I can engage with others. I don't claim to have all the answers... or any answers for that matter. I believe that one way that God talks to us is through others... so I am sincerely open to discussions and constructive debates. We may not always agree, but I do promise to actively and humbly listen, respectfully agree or disagree and never engage (nor allow others to engage on this blog) in personal attacks or demonize someone because of their beliefs or views.

I start 2009 excited and confident that I am again embarking on a life-changing, soul changing and spirit led experience. I want to thank you all in advance for the time you take to walk with me, to guide me, to keep me on track, to point out any potholes... as I travel on this journey.

God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Amani na baraka on your journey unto self... it is my hope that your search within becomes a blessing to those without... both literally and figuratively....

    I have just recently been reading your words and am inspired by them...

    don't ever stop...
    the world is a better place because of the words expressed by us all....

    ReplyDelete
  2. greetings,
    it is always a pleasure to meet others that have made the choice of claiming their New Life Through Christ Jesus and following His Way.

    Giving your life to God in the name of Jesus is a wonderful start to make in this new year.

    Having His Holy Spirit living in our heart is like nothing else that exists. Spreading His Gospel, giving your testimony/ your deliverance story is a wonderful way to give Him Praise and help others as they are also on their Journey stregthens all going this Way.

    I hope that you see and take every opportunity that is given to you From God through Jesus to grow from and to further your learning as God teaches by the life of Jesus.

    Learning the Truthfulness of self is the biggest lesson as self is our biggest enemy.
    To make every effort To live a truthful and fruitful life is Glory for God in the name of Jesus.

    It does take Courage to Change when one makes the choice to Live by Faith and Trust in Jesus day by day.
    Stepping out to Journey on A Faith and Love Walk is a big step of faith- stepping out of the boat of man-made security-away from man-made shallowness into the deepness that is Jesus.

    To learn as little children do is not always easy but i have learned that is it worth it day by day!

    Always Seeking To Encourage!
    WTm

    ReplyDelete