Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Our Own Black Shining Prince!


El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz: 19 May 1925 - 21 February 1965

Although I missed the anniversary of the death of Malcom X, I still feel obliged to pay him homage. Next to Jesus Christ and Rev. Martin Luther King, he influenced me in becoming the man I am today. I think I have read "The Autobiography of Malcolm X" by Alex Haley at least 3 times. His whole life is an example and an inspiration for always standing up for what you believe in, as well as charting a new course when you come to a deeper level of understanding.


"I always had a deep affection for Malcolm and felt that he had a great ability to put his finger on the existence and the root of the problem. He was an eloquent spokesman for his point of view and no one can honestly doubt that Malcolm had a great concern for the problems we face as a race." Rev. Martin Luther King.

No comments:

Post a Comment